Welcome

My journey in life as a stay at home mom building a career and being a caregiver to my mother and husband. Balancing life, family, and the unexpected. Contact me on the Weekly Essential face book page or feel free to email me if you would like to know more about essential oils or a business opportunity kollette@weeklyessential.com. Essential oils not only changed my life but helped me be prepared for the unexpected in life and how to deal with it.

Like

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lime and Wild Orange

Happy May and Happy Spring!  I woke up and was so excited for a new month when the month started. My daily perpetual Calendar from Louise Hay has a monthly message as well that I wanted to share with all of you.


The Month of MAY - I give myself a bit of rest this month. After all, ideas and projects that began last month need a little time to percolate. In the meantime, I do what I can to make myself and others happy.

What a great way to start the month also since we have had so many great blog posts on Calm emotions, Self Esteem and Happy Oils..

About LimeLime essential oil comes from the fruit of the common citrus tree.  It can be either steam processed or cold pressed to produce the essential oil.  The former produces a clear oil and in the heating process an important constituent (furocoumarin) is destroyed.  The Lime I use is cold pressed producing a Lime colored essential oil wherein the furocoumarins are preserved.  (Furocoumarins are organic chemical compound produced by plants as a defense mechanism against various types of predators ranging from insects to mammals., Wikipedia)


As with other citrus oils Lime is known for its cleansing properties as well as having an uplifting effect on the spirit.

Topical Applications

Lime can be used as an alternative to Lemon for its cleansing properties.  Some people prefer the odor of Lime for diffusing both as a disinfectant and as a mood enhancer.  Alternating with other oils periodically can add needed variety.  Another use of Lime essential oil can be the cleansing of skin where it is reported to improve the complexion and tighten the skin.

Benefits of LIME• Supports healthy immune function • Positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties • Used as an aromatic, topical, and internal cleanser • Promotes emotional balance and well-being


About Wild Orange - • Powerful cleanser and purifying agent • Protects against seasonal and environmental threats • High in antioxidants • Uplifting to the mind and body


Topical Applications

Diffuse Wild Orange for its effectiveness killing pathogens, and enjoy its incredible aroma while it disinfects and kills bacteria.  It is an excellent oil to diffuse in a car during long trips.  Wild Orange is certified by the FDA to be GRAS and 1-2 drops in ¼ cup of water can be taken internally for acid reflux or heartburn. Use topically for a calming, yet invigorating,  massage.  Use in a spritz to spray bed sheets or as an fragrant pathogen killing spray in bathrooms and kitchens. Use with a carrier to sooth an infant’s tummy.  Use topically in a massage during the early stages of a cold.




About the Gratitude and Joy Blend

(One of my favorite blends)


To Promote Gratitude and Joy

Oils: 4 drops of Bergamot, 4 drops Wild Orange, 2 drops Geranium, and  2 drops White Fir fill roll on bottle with fractionated coconut oil. You may dilute the recipe without the fractionated coconut oil. 
Applications: Apply to bones behind ears, put in hands and rub together...then inhale deeply.
Affirmation: I am grateful. I fill my mind with heartwarming thoughts of gratitude. I allow joy to fill my entire being. I am taking the steps I need to take to be grateful and happy in my mind, mood and thoughts.
I have been diffusing this blend in our home and it smells wonderful. I am getting so many compliments when people walk in.





References:  Living Happily Ever After by Hintze/Lawton
This post is shared these amazing blogs

Frugal Fit Family
Sew-licious
I should be mopping the floor
Lady Bug Blessings
Kathe with an E
Amy-newnostalgia
My life and lemons
Wednesday Giveaway Linkup
Weekly Wednesday Blog Hop
Five Days Five Ways
Too Much Time



These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. 

35 comments:

  1. I love Essential Oils because they are a natural way to heal your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why you love Essential Oils?
    because it is the natural way to help/heal my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love essential oils for their healing properties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love essential oils because they are totally safe and natural. I don't have to question if I am doing the right thing for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love essential oils for the freedom it gives me to naturally take care of my house hold and family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love essential oils because they are safe and natural for healing, cleaning and prevention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Essential Oils...what's NOT to love about them?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love essential oils because after finding and trying the many different ones they've changed my life. I now use my diffuser many times during the day and evening. I use them topically for pain, sore throat, sleep and balancing life. I love all the oils I've tried and they work amazingly well. They have also replaced OTC medications!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love EOs because they have given us an alternative to using so many chemicals in our bodies, our home and even on the foods we eat! As a cancer survivor, EOs speak my language: No More Medicines!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love essential oils because they are giving me hope for less pain

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love "doterra EOs" because of information such as you posted and I now know where, why and how to use them. That Lavender just isn't for sleep and calming

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love essential oils because they have given me a safe alternative to depression & anxiety medication.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love essential oils and the ability to heal me and my family naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love EO's because they they let me explore and heal and thrive and make my family healthy! I feel so grounded when I am mixing, or using them. I simply adore them! I also love that they have the power to "ground" me, without harsh and dangerous side effects. I am newly diagnosed with ADD and it is amazing what a blend of oils can and DOES do! Thanks for the chance to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am new to using EO....but the more I read and learn about them and their healing powers, the more I want to experiment with them. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love essential oils because they are portable, work fast, have no side effects, and the HEAL like nothing else. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE EO's because they WORK! I am sleeping much better. I have more energy. I kept the cold and flue at bay in a job surrounded by sick people. I love the fact that they are a natural way to keep healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I Love doTerra essential oils the have changed my life and bodies ability to heal itself. I have a double hernia repair surgery had horrible welts and water blisters as a reaction from surgical tape. My daughter looked up what would work best, we began using lavender, Melaleuca, and peppermint. Wow, what a huge difference in the itching and discomfort to cool and relaxed skin. Trust me I could go on and on with why and how I know these products really do work. Another amazing story, my daughter cut a pretty good size piece of her index finger and the side of her nail off. Her finger bled and bled. It was throbbing and horribly painful. We came home and began to research essential oils I found clove would sooth the pain. In little over a week she has a layer of fresh skin coating her large are and still has some sensitivity but no longer any horrible pains and loves these oils and knows how well they work first hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE doTERRA essential oils! They work much faster than OTC meds and they are the safe natural way to good health and healing. What a great satisfaction to know I am not putting toxins into my body.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't just LIKE, I LOVE essential oils....because the WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the EO's because they are giving me a way to help with my stress and anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love essential oils because I don't have to rely on a doctor for healing

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love EO's because they are helping get my family on the right track to a healthy lifestyle! I love not having to use so many OTC products!

    Staci Fugate

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love EOs because they help me stay heathy the natural way and work better than prescriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am new to using essential oils and am amazed at how quickly and effectively they work.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am new to EO's but so far I really like them and I cannot wait until learn more about them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love essential oils because of their healing properties.

    debrahankins@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am new to EO's and just received my Family Physician Kit in the mail today. I can't wait to start using them to help my family and friends find a better and natural alternative to healing and a healthful life.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Carleen, I am so excited for you. I am doing a webinar Thursday evening on the Family PH Kit if you would like to join in you can register by clicking the image on the top right hand corner of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My family and I LOVE EO's and are trying to incoporate them into our lives any way we can!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE EO's! Not just for healing BUT I use them to scent my homemade cleaning products. Makes cleaning a bit more relaxing! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love essential oils because after finding and trying the many different ones they've changed my life. I now use my diffuser w/doTERRA EO's many times during the day and evening. I use them topically for pain, sore throat, sleep and balancing life. I love all the oils I've tried and they work amazingly well. They have also replaced OTC medications!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is awesome, I am so happy for you. I love sharing EO, because of stories like yours. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love them because they are natural and smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the EO's because it has given me a new way to help my grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete