Lemon essential oil is one of my favorites. I love drinking it in my water, enjoying a cup of warm water with a few drops of lemon and honey. I put it on my vacuum cleaner bag and in the diffuser when cleaning. I use it to get marker off wood and walls. It is also great on dry erase boards. There are so many different uses for this amazing uplifting oil. It is Spring time and I am always looking for something to motivate me. It takes me a long time to get some area's of the house done. It happens to all of us.
There is nothing better then cleaning with essential oils! I know I am providing a toxic free environment for my family.
Here are some great tips for cleaning with Lemon Essential Oil.
1. Microwave—Microwaves are notorious for being tough to clean, especially after mishaps
involving spaghetti sauce or tomato soup. To ease the pain of cleaning, simply microwave a cup
filled with water and a few drops of Lemon, then wipe clean!
2. Dishwasher—Pour distilled vinegar into a dish and add 5–10 drops of Lemon oil. Place this
dish in your empty dishwasher and run on high. This is amazing and the classes are spotless and we have very hard water.
3. Stove Top—Lemon oil makes cleaning one of the dirtiest areas of the kitchen easy. Add
vinegar and Lemon to a spray bottle, and watch the grime disappear!
4. Appliances—From dust to greasy food spills, appliances collect more dirt than you might
think. A simple solution of Lemon oil, water, and vinegar will help you clean toasters,
refrigerators, mixers, stainless steel and more.
5. Garbage disposal—If you’ve been smelling something funky coming from your sink, it might
be time to clean the garbage disposal. This DIY for Lemon disposal refreshers should help! I put a few drops down it every few days.
6. Ceiling Fan—Fan blades collect dust at turbo speeds and cling to them for as long as you let
them. To avoid choking on dust bunnies while cleaning your ceiling fans, spray the inside of an
old pillow case with a Lemon/water mixture and loop the fabric around each blade.
7. Washing Machine—Run a mixture of Lemon oil, baking soda, vinegar, and water through
your empty machine on the hottest setting to break up dirt build-up and mildew. Scrub any
excess with a sponge, then run the machine again with fresh water.
8. Trash Cans—Regularly cleaning out trash cans can eliminate odor. For indoor trash cans,
spray the inside and outside of each can with a mixture of water, Lemon oil, and vinegar, then
scrub with a sponge.
9. Windows and Windowsills—The same mixture of Lemon oil, water, and vinegar in a spray
bottle that you’ve been using all around the house will do wonders for your windows and
windowsills. Simply spray glass and wipe with a clean cloth or paper towel, then move onto
ledges and sills with a toothbrush or damp sponge.
10. Air Vents—One of the most overlooked areas to keep clean in your home is the air you
breathe! Clean vents with a sponge dipped in warm water, vinegar and Lemon oil to help
eliminate allergens and dust from filling the air around you.
Lemon oil acts as a powerful cleaning agent and the possibilities are truly endless! Share this
post and let us know how you like to clean with Lemon oil.
Here is a link to another post on Lemon essential oil.
Recipe for All Purpose Spray