3/4 cup water
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
4 drops Wild Orange essential oil
2 drops Lime essential oil.
1 lb. sliced and hulled strawberries
Optional Garnishes: orange wedges, fresh strawberries, lime wedges, basil leaves, mint leaves
1. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
2. Puree cooled water and sugar (simple syrup), orange juice, Wild Orange and Lime essential oil, and strawberries in a blender.
3. Transfer the strawberry-orange puree to a 9x13 glass pan. Place the filled pan in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, remove pan from freezer. Rake the mixture with a fork to break up any crystals that have begun to form. Return the pan to the freezer.
5. Repeat every 25–30 minutes for about 3 hours, until the granita is frozen into flakey crystals. Cover and freeze.
6. Serve, if desired, with a small orange wedge, half a strawberry, and a basil leaf for garnish.
References Living Magazine DoTERRA.